This course is for the current American Heart Association BLS provider who wishes to become a CPR instructor for the American Heart Association.
BEFORE YOU REGISTER:
Be sure you can comply with the following requirements and be aware that there are multiple steps involved in the process of becoming an AHA BLS instructor as well as requirements for maintaining your instructor status.
1) Arrange to be accepted by an AHA Training Center prior to enrolling in the Instructor course. (Edward Hospital is not currently accepting new instructors who are not employees of Edward-Elmhurst Healthcare or one of it's current Training Sites.) To find a local training center please visit the AHA website at www.heart.org
2) Provide a copy of your current BLS Provider card to our training center.
Additional steps to be completed will include:
3) Successful completion of the BLS Instructor Essentials Online course PRIOR to class date (about 4 hour online program required by the AHA). You will find your online key for BLS Essentials in your confirmation email along with a link to the AHA site where this course can be completed once again PRIOR to instructor course date.
4) Successful completion of the BLS classroom Instructor Course (this is the class you are currently looking to enroll in)
5) Successful completion of initial instructor monitoring of the first class you teach. This must be completed within 6 months of the BLS classroom Instructor Course (Training Center Coordinators can require additional monitoring if needed.)
(NO REFUNDS PROVIDED FOR THIS INSTRUCTOR COURSE)
Please contact the training center at 630-527-3596 if you have additional questions before enrolling in this class.