The Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Online Course is a self-directed eLearningcourse designed to meet Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements for bloodborne pathogens training when paired with site-specific instruction. Like the classroom-based course, it uses the PACT acronym (Protect, Act, Clean, Tell) and slogan, "Make a PACT, Know How to Act," to help students learn and easily recall bloodborne pathogens training.
The Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Course was designed for anyone with a reasonable chance for occupational exposure in workplace settings such as industry and manufacturing, Fortune 1500 companies, occupational health, property management, hospitality, security, and health and fitness staff. In addition, childcare workers, school personnel, maintenance workers, tattoo artists, and state corrections facilities may be interested in the course due to additional state regulations.
- Available online, with simple course registration
- Interactive activities and video demonstrations of skills
- Provides participation certificate once student has finished all modules
- No skills test or skills demonstration session required
- Online course evaluation
- Convenient, flexible option for those who prefer taking an online course
- Online content allows students to take the course at any time at home or work,and at their own pace
- New course offering from the trusted leader in workplace training makes the American Heart Association the complete resource for companies looking to meet first aid, CPR, AED, and bloodborne pathogens training needs
- Takes approximately one hour to complete online portion
- Can be taken for first-time or renewal bloodborne pathogens training